As a pediatrician and a working parent, I appreciate the need for a good night sleep for the well being of a child, and a family as a whole. Having an infant that keeps the family awake places a unnecessary strain on the family and on the wonderful experience that is parenthood.
As a pediatrician, I have been offering sleep training services to my patients for the last 15 years. I routinely lecture to parents at luncheons, such as BabyBites, about sleep training. Now, my unique, compassionate, comprehensive and detail oriented sleep training approach is available to families outside of my regular practice.
I offer a comprehensive sleep consultation that only a pediatrician can provide.
While a sleep consultant can guide you with basic principles of sleep training, they cannot differentiate between milk allergy, reflux, colic, failure to gain weight, inappropriate bedtime routine, and developmental disorders. As a sleep consultant and a Board Certified Pediatrician, I provide not only sleep training guidance, but developmental assessments, nutritional assessments, and treatment of medical issues that can interfere with sleep training.
My personal, proven approach will provide a detailed sleep assessment and an individualized plan to assist your infant and child to sleep through the night.
• Nighttime awakenings
• Dysfunctional Bedtime routine
• Nap training
• Toddler and child wake ups
• Medical Issues Interfering with sleep
Why Choose Us?
We realize you have many options to turn to to help get your baby to sleep. Why turn to Dr Kulich?
1. I'm a pediatrician. There are psychologists that use the phrase "Doctor" and some MD's that offer sleep training. But before you turn to someone to help your baby and child sleep, you should make sure that you are dealing with a Board Certified Pediatrician. Some people will claim to be experts, while all they do is sit in your home and hold your hand while your baby cries. Only a pediatrician has the breadth of knowledge to differentiate between Acid Reflux, Milk protein intolerance, feeding issues, behavioral issues, and the complex interplay these issues have in causing sleep problems. I give you proven strategies to help your child sleep in a manner that is tailored to your sleeping situation and your families needs, in addition to your child's development and medical issues.
Who would you trust your child's sleep to self proclaimed expert who has no formal training? To someone with zero experience who has attended a 3 day seminar given by someone with no formal training? Or would you trust your child's sleep training to an Ivy League educated, Board Certified Pediatrician, with over 15 years experience, and thousands of happy and healthy sleeping babies over the years.
2. One size does NOT fit all. There are many different reasons why infants and children don't sleep. Some have medical issues, some have behavioral issues, and some have combinations and multiple issues. Our plans are tailor made for your children . We don't have a canned set of instructions that we repeat for everyone.
3. We Don't like crying. Cry it out, and the Ferber methods are not our go to methods. We don't typically recommend them and our methods are generally cry free
4. Success rate: For parents who adhere to our advice, our success rate is 100% (and our advice does not typically involve crying)
5. Thousands of sleeping and happy babies and families over 10 years can't be wrong!
As a testament to my commitment to my patients, many families that I have made sleep consults for continue to use me as their primary pediatrician for years.
About Dr. Kulich
Edward Kulich, MD, FAAP graduated Cornell University prior to obtaining his Doctor of Medicine from St. George's University. Dr Kulich is the author of The Best Baby Sleep Book, and The Best OLSAT Book.
He completed a residency in Pediatrics at Maimonides Medical Center, Infants and Children’s Hospital of Brooklyn. Dr Kulich maintains privileges at Cornell, Lenox Hill, Mt Sinai, and NYU hospitals. Coverage is also available at St Barnabas Hospital.
Dr. Kulich is Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, has been elected a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Academy of Home Care Physicians. Dr Kulich is the current president of the American Academy of Concierge Pediatricians.
Dr. Kulich has testified as an expert witness in pediatric cases, has been featured on ABC news, NBC news, CBS news, ParentsTV, Parents Magazine, and the New York Post, Time Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
Dr Kulich, serves on the editorial review board of pregnancycorner.com , has written articles for tinyplayground.com, and Big City Moms. He also lectures at Baby Bites luncheons.
Dr Kulich was named one of NYC's "Top Baby Gurus" by Stroller Traffic.
If you need more information, have questions, or would like to Book a Consult, contact Dr. Kulich today.