Do you or someone you know have a child that has trouble falling sleep and staying asleep on their own?
Cate is a certified pediatric Gentle SleepCoach®, who works with babies and children through age six. Cate educates parents on what is age appropriate and realistic and uses a gentle approach to sleep training. She does not fit families into a "formula" but rather thinks creatively using education, personal knowledge and proven techniques.
Cate McKee has a Masters degree in Industrial Psychology and is a certified pediatric Gentle Sleep Coach®. Cate completed The Gentle Sleep Program which is the first and most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available. The program involves over 120 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes two medical doctors, a psychologist, an attorney, lactation counselor, postpartum doulas and a family therapist. The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series specifically focused on how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. "The Sleep Lady"). Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach®.
Cate founded her company Sleepy Time Solutions, LLC with a personal mission: to help parents regain control over their children's sleep. She is dedicated to helping others like you achieve the quality of life you deserve.
Cate currently lives in Falmouth, ME with her husband, two girls and two dogs. She works with families in Southern Maine, but has also helped families as far away as Paris.
Education and Certification:
• B.A., Psychology, Denison University, Granville, OH
• M.A., Industrial Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, N.J.
• Certificate of Completion for the Gentle Sleep Coach® Program, Basic Training (60+ hours) and 4-5 Month Old Program (40+ hours), Sleep Lady Solutions, LLC
• Certificate of Completion in Infant Mental Health, Hospital for Sick Kids, Ontario, Canada
• CEU, Sleep Lady Solutions, LLC
Consistency is the key to success
There is no "one size fits all" approach; I do much more than simply fit a family and child into a formula. By educating parents on what is age appropriate and realistic, together we create a plan based on a gentle approach. My education involves over 120 hours of training, an exam and participation in semi-monthly case supervision. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of the training topics have included but are not limited to the following areas:
• Basic counseling and Child Development
• Sleep Science
• Behavioral Modification Techniques
• Secure Attachment Theory
• Supporting the Breastfeeding Mom
• Newborn soothing techniques
Lectures from top specialists in the areas of:
• Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
• Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
• Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
• GURD and Sleep led by Dr Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroentrologist
As a Gentle Sleep Coach, it is my job to coach you on the right strategy for your specific situation and for your child's needs. With my guidance and your consistent commitment to a personalized sleep plan, you will see results, and you and your child will begin to enjoy the benefits of a good night's sleep. It's all about your family's quality of life.