Alison Bevan is a Certified Pediatric Sleep Consultant that has helped thousands of families get a good night’s sleep.
A Gentle Sleep Coach SM and Happiest Baby Educator, Alison is Director of Sleep Coaching at PM Pediatrics, and has spent over a decade as staff sleep consultant at The Center For Advanced Pediatrics in Fairfield County, CT. She also consults regularly for the largest U.S.-based telehealth platform focused on women’s and family health.
“Like you, I was an exhausted parent struggling to get my child to sleep and stay asleep. My family suffered through months of frustrating, sleepless nights and I was desperate for help.
After failed attempts at various “cry it out” methods I was introduced to a gentler approach to sleep training by a true expert in the field, Kim West, aka “The Sleep Lady.” With Kim’s guidance I was able to teach my child to sleep through the night in less than two weeks with a minimum of tears. Most importantly, I never had to leave my child alone to “cry it out”. It was a life changing experience for my family and inspired my commitment to help others.
If you’re a new mom with questions and concerns about your baby’s sleep or the parent of an older child that has trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep, I look forward to offering you the personalized guidance and support you need to have a well rested family.” – Alison Bevan
Alison Bevan’s training includes certifications and classes offered by leading experts in the fields of pediatric sleep and sleep disorders, child development, attachment, newborn behavior, infant mental health, lactation, nutrition and PPD.
• Gentle Sleep CoachSM Certification – Kim West, LCSW-C
• Happiest Baby Educator Certification – Dr. Harvey Karp
• Brown Alpert Medical School Best Practices Course – Pediatric Sleep Medicine Conference biannually, 2015 to present
• Infant Mental Health Training Institute – The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Medical Conditions & Sleep Apnea in Children – Dr. Lewis Kass, MD, FAAP
• Dr. Jack Neuman – International Breastfeeding Center
• Reflux & Colic Management – Dr. Bryan Vartabedian, MD, FAAP
• GERD – Anthony Loziides, MD.
• Secure Attachment in Children -Dr. Kent Hoffman, PhD
• Babies in Mind – University of Warwick
• Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep – Jodi Jennings, OTLR and Dr. Lucy Miller
• Postpartum Depression – Dr. Shoshana Bennett, PhD
• SIDS Research and Recommendations – First Candle
• Conscious Discipline – Becky Bailey, Ph.D.
• Potty Training – Sally Neuberger, LCSW
• Bedwetting – Howard J. Bennett, MD, FAAP
My private sleep consultations are tailored specifically for your child and provide the information and guidance you need to teach your child to sleep.
Three weeks of follow up phone calls and e-mails provide additional support throughout the sleep coaching process.