Tired of Being Tired?
I'm Abbey and trust me, I've been there. Once I had my triplets, I knew a sleep plan was the only way to keep me from losing my sanity.
Who Can I help?
As an experienced medical professional and a mother of four, I specialize in areas that help parents create better routines and sleep better.
I will help guide and empower families as they navigate sleep, daily routines, and more.
• Pregnant Mamas & Newborns
• Infants, Toddlers, & School Aged Kids (4 months-6 years)
• Multiples (I'm a triplet mama)
• Children with Disabilities
I specialize in:
• Childbirth Preparation & Education
• Newborn Care + Guidance
• Pediatric Sleep
My Philosophy on Sleep
Sleep is necessary.
Sleep is something that everyone, no matter the age, needs. In our busy world today, people are trying to squeeze sleep in where they can instead of making it a priority. Earlier in my life, I knew sleep was important, but I didn’t have tiny humans to worry about the next day. Now that I am a mother, I see how essential sleep is for the whole family.
Sleep needs to be a priority.
If we teach kids the importance of sleep from the start, we are setting them up for success. Sleep should not evoke negative emotions and create anxiety. I can help you make sleep a positive thing in your home and something your children start to appreciate.
Sleep doesn't need to be hard.
We, as humans, are created to be awake during the day and sleep at night. Our bodies are designed this way. With all of the sleep information out there, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, confused, and anxious. I want to help make sleep something that comes naturally and is desired by making it simple and easy to obtain.
You're in Good Hands
• Registered Labor & Delivery Nurse
• Experienced in Lactation and Support
• Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Advanced Certified Life Support (ACLS)
• Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (NRP)
Educator & Consultant
• Certified Pediatric Sleep Specialist
• Certified Basic Life Support Instructor
• CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator
• 1100 Training Hours of Bodywork and Alternative Modalities
On the Side
Health Services Director for Camp ASCCA.
• Camp ASCCA is a 46 year old year-round camp serving people with disabilities ages 6 and up. Abbey has been involved with and worked at Camp ASCCA for 20 years.
Co-Owner of Tough Start Society
• Tough Start Society is an online course + community for NICU parents navigating the transition to home and through the 1st year of life.
"Sleep is essential to our well-being and it is time we recognize it. "
I grew up in the Mississippi Delta. I was born and raised in Mississippi, I know what it means when people say, “it takes a village.”
I was raised by strong parents and some strong women in particular. Steel Magnolias come to mind, and that’s what I’m trying to create with Magnolia Families: strong mothers and families that are educated and grounded in the importance of sleep and rest. Sleep is essential to our well-being and it is time we recognize it.
Even Your Unicorn Kid Can Be Helped
Nobody knows our baby or child like we do. I know you may feel like your kiddo is a unicorn, that nobody can help. I can help you. I am a mother of toddler triplets and a 5 year old. I have a unique view of what it’s like to help 4 different personalities that are on the same schedule at the same time. I don’t offer cookie-cutter fixes because personalities are unique. Different children have different needs. I’ve got personal experience with those spirited boys and a very spirited little girl. I would love to use my experience and my knowledge of biological sleep times to help get you and your family rested.
Let's Work Together!
My goal is to help families see that sleep is not just a basic necessity, but extremely important for a child's overall wellbeing. Sleep is also a necessity for adults, but many times we sacrifice our own needs for our children.
Being a mother and parent is hard enough, but overtired children can make it really hard. In my opinion, sleep, schedules, and motherhood in general have become too complicated. When we work together, I educate you by breaking sleep down to basic science so that it makes sense to tired parents. Once you see the "why," we work together to figure out the "how."
I focus on being honest, realistic, and helpful. I pull from my own personal and professional life experiences to help empower you to make changes that will allow you to see results.
Sleep is a necessity and once you get it, your life can truly change.
HSA/FSA Approved by most plans under Sleep Hygiene, Sleep Environment Education/Changes, or Sleep Deprivation Treatment. Make sure to check with your carrier to see if your account will cover my services.
• One time 90 minute Call
• In Depth Questionnaire to be filled out by you and reviewed by me prior to our call so that our time is utilized efficiently
• Verbal Sleep Plan, Schedule, and steps to take to see results
• No follow up included.
*May add Voxer support if needed
Single Call + Support
• One time 90 minute Call
• In Depth Questionnaire to be filled out by you beforehand so that our time is utilized efficiently
• Verbal Sleep Plan, Schedule, and steps to see results
• 2 Days of Voxer Support with me as you navigate your new plan.
One Week Package
• In-depth questionnaire and evaluation
• 60-minute Zoom consultation. (can include evaluation of sleep space)
• Customized sleep plan sent to your inbox
• Daily Voxer/text messaging during available hours
• Virtual sleep tracking log
• Final call to wrap up and ask me anything
Pick the consulting package that works best for your family. The more tired you are, the more help and hand holding from me you may need. I've got options for all!